SIMPLE POST-WORK SUMMER SMOOTHIE

Summer Smoothie Recipe | Motte's Blog

Yes, it is true.

It did indeed take me until now to jump onto the smoothies-for-life-bandwagon!

The blogging community has long been waving their “The Smoothie Way is the Only Way” banners and has been doing so so very gracefully, no doubt.
And yet, I, on the other hand, had decided to ignore this trend completely.

One, because mashed carrots first and foremost make me think of pooping babies.

So that was kind of a turn-off.

Summer Smoothie Recipe | Motte's Blog

And two – and probably more importantly –, because I did not own an electric mixer.

Which kind of made the whole idea of blending said carrots with crushed ice by hand somewhat intimidating. I guess I could have gotten out the old potato masher, but I’m not sure that would have done the trick.

However!

– drum roll please –

Just this week!

dddddddrrrrrrrrrrrr………

I bought!

DDDDDDDDDDDDDRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR……………..

THE MOST AMAZING IMMERSION BLENDER THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN!!!

ba-dum chah!

… and it enables me to make as many carrot smoothies as I want to! So there!

(And in case you were wondering, yes, I did just google ‘How to type out drum roll sound’.)

(The results were very helpful.)

Summer Smoothie Recipe | Motte's Blog

Summer Smoothie Recipe | Motte's Blog

Truth be told, it was my recent vacation that drove me into my newly-discovered smoothie-frenzy:

One hot day in Las Vegas, Panera Bread’s mango smoothies saved us from near-death by dehydration. And that was it. I was sold.

So on our way up to San Francisco, wherever we were, we had to stop to look for the nearest Panera.

Summer Smoothie Recipe | Motte's Blog

So when I got home from work today I knew the only thing I wanted was a Panera-worthy mango smoothie. And that is exactly what I got.

Although I did have to make it myself.

Which is ok.

Because I am cool now and own an electric mixer.

Summer Smoothie Recipe | Motte's Blog

Summer Smoothie Recipe | Motte's Blog

This mango smoothie is the easiest thing to make ever. It is incredibly fresh and super sweet; perfect for dessert also. I can’t get enough really.

I also made an alternative with strawberries, blueberries and raspberries. This one is less sweet, but no less yum!

I got out something to read and spent the evening on the balcony. The perfect way to unwind!

And can I just say how glad I am that the sun is setting later and later! A few weeks back it was pitch-black and bitterly cold at this hour! I am SO glad that is over!

Summer Smoothie Recipe | Motte's Blog

MANGO SMOOTHIE:

1 whole mango, diced
3 Tbsp low-fat yoghurt
1 Tbsp honey (or to taste)
crushed ice

In a stand mixer, or using an immersion blender, mix the diced mango with the yoghurt. Add honey to taste. Add crushed ice and a straw.

Summer Smoothie Recipe | Motte's Blog

BERRIES SMOOTHIE:

about 7 large strawberries, diced
1 generous handful of raspberries
1 handful of blueberries
3 Tbsp low-fat yoghurt
1 Tbsp honey (or to taste)
crushed ice


In a stand mixer, or using an immersion blender, mix the berries with yoghurt. Add honey to taste. Add crushed ice and enjoy!

Summer Smoothie Recipe | Motte's Blog


10 comments

  1. smoothies forever is right!!! haha
    i'm drooling just looking at these pictures, they look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julia! You should try them! x motte

      Delete
  2. I'm not a smoothie person but those look good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh but perhaps you could become one! Haha x motte

      Delete
  3. Ahh this smoothie looks delicious <3 you've put me in the mood to make up a couple of smoothies :D

    Serene xoxo

    http://www.imserenel.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and so you should! Let me know which flavor you use! x motte

      Delete
  4. Love these smoothies, I can imagine it tasted divine! I'm a huge mango fan.
    And the photography is amazing, kisses from Hungary xo

    Csenge | Csenge's Point

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! As a mango lover, I believe these smoothies are just the right thing for you! :) x Motte

      Delete
  5. wow that looks so tasty! I love smoothies :)
    I will definitely try out your recipe

    xo Lea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should, definitely! Thank you so much!

      Delete